The snow is finally melting and we can see hints of spring! Yaa! We're defiantly ready to say good-bye to winter and hello spring bringing with it the promise of things to come. Welcoming the rain showers, sunshine, warmer temperatures, new green grass, deciduous trees and bushes blooming their new leaves and of course spring flowers. As the outside changes, we also look to spruce up the inside. Here are a few tips on spring cleaning that I thought you would like.
Spring Cleaning Checklist
- Clean out the garage.
- Inspect the roof and gutter, power wash the outside of the house, including windows.
- Wash the walls throughout the house using 1/2 cup ammonia, 1/4 cup white vinegar and 1/4 cup baking soda to 1 gallon of warm water.
- Wash all inside windows. Vacuum out the tracks, vacuum/wash/dry clean all window coverings.
- Dust and wash light fixtures and chandeliers, vacuum lampshades and wash all knickknacks.
- Deep clean shower, toilet, floor and sink, and inventory the medicine cabinet and toss expired medicines.
- Defrost freezer (if needed) and wash out refrigerator. Throw out expired foods.
- Clean oven and soak stove rings and drip pans.
- Launder all quilts, blankets, comforters and bedspreads. Turn mattresses.
- Have a garage sale.
- Sit back and enjoy a cup of coffee or tea. You deserve it after all the spring cleaning!